KingsWord Dallas kicked off as a home prayer group in February 2013 with just 4 people. Over the years, the church has reached so many in its immediate community and has grown. Through the commitment of our members, KingsWord Dallas is set to reach the Dallas Forth-Worth area with the message of the supernatural. We aim to teach and lead people how to live by God’s word and follow the Holy Spirit so they can fulfill their God-given purpose.
We are part of the KingsWord Everywhere and The New Network of Churches located in 3 different continents. Read about our beginnings below
In August 1990, as a young college student in Pharmacy School, God spoke to Dr. Kay Ijisesan the words “… raise me a supernatural army” Those words birthed a college-based church which eventually became KingsWord Ministries. KingsWord Ministries was officially commissioned on November 21, 1997.
KingsWord Ministries is involved in church planting, college outreach to students, Bible School and mission work in Africa, Europe and North America. KingsWord has planted churches in 32 countries and is consistently training and raising pastors and other ministry gifts. KingsWord Dallas is one of the many church plants of KingsWord Ministries International.
Dr. Kay and his wife – Pastor May are pastors over KingsWord Chicago and provide oversight over the churches, missions and ministry work of KingsWord Everywhere around the globe. Click here to learn more about KingsWord Ministries International and to see a list and location of KingsWord and The New Churches around the world. (Link to page that lists churches on kingsword.org)
1. We believe that there is one God eternally existent in the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit.
2. We believe the bible is the written word of God inspired by God.
3. We believe that Jesus Christ is the son of God and was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, was crucified, died, buried and that He rose from the dead ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of God.
4. We believe that there is life after mortal existence (death) for eternity and where one spends eternity, in heaven or in hell is based on the decision whether to accept Jesus as Lord and Savior and live according to the written word or to rebel against God’s word and commandments.
5. We believe that the redemptive work of Christ has provided salvation for the Spirit, healing for the body, liberty and deliverance from all oppressions and evil work.
6. We believe in the indwelling of the Holy Spirit in believers and the baptism of the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues.
7. We believe in water baptism in the name of the Father, of the Son and the Holy Spirit.
8. We believe in the sanctifying work of the word and the Holy Spirit in the life of every believer.
9. We believe in the rapture of the church and the second coming of Christ.
10. We believe in bringing tithes and offering into the local church. We believe in giving to and caring for the needy whether poor, sick, homeless or otherwise unfortunate.